Also I must admit that I know very little about cutting, but one of my bff in high school cut (she might have been depressed as well) and from what I read in teen books is that cutting causes a biological reaction that sends chemicals into your system. For example in older days if you were fighting...a bear...and that bear scratched you, chemicals would go off in your brain and cause your body to try to heal that cut and help you get energy and stuff to survive against stuff (like a bear).
So I think why people cut is that the wound is not physical these days but emotional, so cutting helps their body heal themselves but its really not healthy.
Definitely talk to a counselor about this but are there any things you can replace this with? Like not only helping yourself at an emotional level, but find ways that make you feel good or 'healed' like participating in things you already like to do. Maybe running or working out (whatever things you like there) or perhaps doing art or writing poems and expressing your emotions that way...
Hang in there though! You've got so many things to look forward to, and life gets better after high school (at least it did for me) and you don't want to miss those times!!:)