I actually think that for many parents it is difficult to see their child settle down with a partner. It is what they want, of course ~ their child to be happy and to have their own children in turn ~ but it is difficult to actually see it happen.

There is an old adage that no girl is good enough for any mother's son and no boy is good enough for any father's daughter ~ or words to that effect. Sometimes they get to know and love each other; sometimes they learn to tolerate each other; sometimes there is a major falling out.

Also some partners remain close to, and reliant on, their families and some don't. Depending on the other partner this may, or may not, cause problems.

This is often what life is all about, when it comes to love and marriage ~ unless, of course, partners come from a culture where marriages are arranged and then it can be very different I imagine.

Dagny, going back to your other thread and all the concerns, I think that you need to give this relationship a very objective inspection.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.