There are generally two things that this could mean.

1) Carl is correct, and this girl views you as a friend. As her confidant, someone she can tell her problems to and someone she knows will always lend an ear to her. Nothing more.

2) She's into you, but is weighing her options (to be honest... and please excuse me for being blunt, but I doubt this.)

You basically need to FIRST, figure out how YOU feel about her. You said:

Originally Posted By: xin
but I dun wanna jeopardize our friendship too, because a confession would risk awkwardness in future.

This statement alone says to me that you are unsure about your own feelings. What you need to do is primarily figure out how you feel about her. Is she a friend, or is she something more?

I honestly don't think this girl is trying to spite or reject you. I honestly think she thinks of you as her friend. I could be wrong though, don't quote me on anything. By her telling you about other guys she potentially likes, this means she trusts you enough that you wont repeat anything to anyone of interest. Therefore, if you want said girl you would have to prove to her that you are in fact a catch. The way a person shows another person their true value is only applicable by that person. In other words, only you can prove this to her.

I can give you a bit of words of wisdom, but I would rather you PM me instead. If you are interested, please do.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---