I have a friend who I have known since kindergarten, but in High School is when we started to get close. I had an AWFUL boyfriend, but this guy and I would still talk. All the time we would stay up late on the phone with eachother. I really cared about this guy (as more than a friend) but I had a boyfriend that would do bad things to him if I ever left for him. So, even though I knew this guy loved me, as I did him, we remained friends. He would talk about the girls he liked and wanted to date, and all I could do, fairly, was to give encouragement and be there if things didn't work out in his favor. He was my type at the time, but now we are just friends. So I guess what I am trying to say, if you think you are close enough that if you tell her the truth and she wont stop talking to you, or be awkward, tell her.
From a girls perspective, even if we talk about other guys we like, it might not mean we don't like you too. Personally, I hide the fact that I like a guy until I know he likes me too. I hate rejection, so it's just how I am. So try talking to her. Who says she isn't talking to other guy friends about you?
Take a chance and talk to her, but make sure she knows you aren't her friend ONLY because you like her. Make sure she knows that even if she doesn't return the feelings that you do not want to lose her as a friend. =D. Hopefully it helped.