Hello again Chautauqua1 smile

It's difficult to know how he feels, without hearing his side of the story. smile

But he is friendly and he laughs and jokes with you ~ these are good signs, so yes, as I said, I do think that it sounds as if he likes you. Of course, he may just be a friendly happy sort of person, who is like this generally. However, since people think that you may be 'best friends', then that does sound as if there may be something special between the two of you.

What you can do, I think, is what I suggested already ~ be friendly whenever you see him, show an interest in his interests, suggest doing things / going out with a group of friends, and see how he reacts.

You still don't say how old you are or your situation. A lot depends on whether you are a teenager at school, in your parents' care, or an independent adult at work, for example.

Either way, you could suggest doing some work together or having something to eat together. His response would then tell you a lot.

But if you are young and vulnerable, make sure that your parents / guardians know where you are and who you are with.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.