Originally Posted By: Lisa Shea
I think it's fair to state that a moderator who has been in the forums for over six years, has made over 22,000 posts, and is generally lauded as being fair, understanding, and wise in her forum moderation, does in fact thoroughly know and understand what the forum exists for, what people who live in this forum want to hear, and what is appropriate.

If there is genuine confusion it is why someone who is brand new to a community would feel it is natural and in the spirit of that community to embark on a campaign of criticizing and critiquing all posters on the way in which they discuss issues and the language they choose to use. A sincere community member would first spend time in said forum and demonstrate that they are familiar with and accepting of the forum's community ethics and purpose.

If you don't accept our purpose or ethics, it seems fairly pointless for you to sign on solely to explain to our community why you don't wish to be a part of our community or why you disagree with what we do and why we do it.

Look, there is no way for either of us to debate this. We have differing opinions here. Mine is that no one can say what someone else wants. I'd be willing to debate that within some contexts, but for the most part I wouldn't even consider it. When it comes to something like discussing life behind the veil of anonymity, I will never see anyone as having a right to speak for someone else.

I'm pretty sure that you have a differing opinion, so I'm not going to try to sway you on that. Last post I said that I wouldn't argue semantics; this post I'll say that I won't argue opinions. I'll have a checklist by the end of the day smile