Should I use this poem?
Visitor's Question from a 16-20 year old Male
Recently, my friends sister told me not to attempt getting into a relationship with that friend because the sister thinks I'm a 'typical' person from a certain place. She say's she knows what we're like and said that the blokes here have a one-track mind. I wrote a... poem... to show im not like the rest. Looking for some feedback on it and if you'd recommend it.
Reasons I am not a true (Place) lad:
(1) I am not someone that would attack her.
(2) I am not someone that just wants sex.
(3) I am not someone that says "I've got plans".
(4) I am not someone that talks behind her back.
(5) I am not someone that takes advantage of her.
(6) I am not someone that moans at her straight-away.
(7) I am not someone that often uses violence.
(8) I am not someone that fails in school.
(9) I am not someone that splashed out on a moped.
(10) I am not someone that leaves when it gets tough.
I am not a true (place) lad.
I am me.
(1) I am someone that would stand up for her if anybody attacked her.
(2) I am someone that wants a relationship with her.
(3) I am someone that would change their plans to suit her's
(4) I am someone that tells other people to stop talking behind her back.
(5) I am someone that would help her through the bad times.
(6) I am someone that tries to talk to her and find out what happened.
(7) I am someone that would only use violence if it was necessary to help her.
(8) I am someone that would willingly help her through school.
(9) I am someone that would rather spend money on her.
(10) I am someone that would stand by her 'till the end.
I am someone that *really* cares about her.
I was wondering if you'd think her sister would give me a chance if i sent her this or should i take it straight to my friend. If you recommend me sending it to the sister, would you recommend any changes, EG. changing the "Her's" into her name etc.?
I think you should send it straight to your girl. It's not really her sister's business. Your girl can certainly show it to her sister if she wants to, and that's fine.
You sound like a wonderful person who'd make a GREAT boyfriend. Go for it!
-- from Jill
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com