Originally Posted By: xin
Hi, I'm seeking some advice from the world abt this thing that is driving me crazy. ...

May I ask a few questions?

Quote:
This girl in my class sits next to me n we got along pretty well since sch started.

Since you are are at school together, I'm guessing that you are teenagers. Do you mind saying how old you are, please?
Quote:
Abt a month ago, after she presumably rejected someone who confessed his feelings for her, she started being more friendly towards me.

Why are you assuming that she rejected someone?
Are you convincing yourself that she rejects boys who declare romantic feelings for her, or do you have a good reason for thinking this?
Quote:
sometimes we were so close that I am only one step away from putting my arms around her.

If you are that close to her, then she is that close to you, too, and she must feel comfortable with it.
Quote:
I resisted because I'm too shy

Does she know it's because you are too shy, or may she be thinking that you are not interested in her romantically?
Quote:
it doesnt feel right as we were not an item

And how do you become an item? ~ It seems, to me, that this is what you would like.
Quote:
we were actually mistaken for a couple more than once.

How did you react to that?
How did she react?
How did she react to your reaction??
And vice versa?

Quote:
she'd told me abt 2 different guys she likes .... She would talk abt them from outta nowhere
I dearly wanna know why she keeps tellin me abt e guys she likes, yet still behave as if I may have a chance with her by being so close to me.

Yes. Girls sometimes do this for a specific reason.
Reason 1.
Sometimes the reason is to warn boys ~ warn them not to get too involved or not to feel that they are particularly special friends.
If she thinks that a boy is falling for her, the girl might indicate that he is just one of a number of friends, so that he doesn't get too involved and become hurt.
Reason 2.
Sometimes the reason is to test boys ~ to see how interested they are.
If she likes a boy, but isn't sure how he feels, she might mention other boys, to see how he responds.
What reaction did she get?
Quote:
I would nod or chat on

No reaction.
So you appear not to be jealous; not to mind, consequently, not interested in her in that way.
If she's warning you off, then that is a good reaction for her.
If she's testing whether you like her romantically, rather than just as a friend, then she will be disappointed.
What was your true reaction?
Quote:
in my heart I really dun wanna know how this guy is making her laugh on msn last night.

So you are giving ~ and possibly getting ~ mixed messages.

Quote:
The thought to just ask her this did cross my mind, but I dun wanna jeopardize our friendship too, because a confession would risk awkwardness in future.

But it may be the best way.
Quote:
I read that some gals are 'chronic flirts'

Yes, indeed.
And boys too.
It is often the way that teenagers communicate with the opposite sex.
It doesn't have to be bad, but, of course, some boys & girls can be cruel with it..

Quote:
If I chase a girl, I would be committing 100% to her

That sounds lovely.
Boys and girls who date should be able to trust each other.
Too often males & females let themselves and others down by not being caring and trustworthy.

If you are at school, though, you are probably still very young, so be aware that long-term serious relationships may be something for the future.
Quote:
I cant understand why she is telling me abt other guys that she liked while acting like I'm one of them myself. Is she tryin to spite me or reject me?

I think she may, just possibly, be asking you to make your feelings clearer ~ so that she knows whether you like her as a friend or as more than a friend.
I can't be sure & I may be wrong, because, as I said, there are other possibilities, but you may be pleasantly surprised if you just ask her. She may like you, too, but be prepared, just in case it's the other possibility.
Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.