I had a tubal ligation when I was pretty young. I have never regretted it. You will have to tell the doctor why you want it. He will have counter questions to your answers. In my circumstance he asked me what will happen if I remarry and want to have children by my new husband. I told him that if he did not want to adopt then I would not want to raise "his child" with my children.

Something else to consider, it is the best thing for you to get the permanent BC because it is you that does not want to have children. In the case of your soon to be husband ever remarrying and wanting to have children he can do that.

As for as the proceedure it is safe and quite painless. I went back to work on Monday after having the proceedure on Friday. You will still have your periods, and still have all the risks and problems of an intact female. By that I mean PMSing and Menapause. Oh well nothing is perfect.

Be honest with your doctor about how you feel about having kids. The younger you are the more the doctor wants to be sure that you have thought this out.

I hope you do not live in Kansas.

Good luck.