I had a Tubal Ligation after my 2nd child. I was 28 years old, and I had an emergency c-sec with my 1st son, and a planned C-sec with my 2nd son. I also have serious problems with my cervix, and will probably have to have a hysterectomy by the time I am 35.. (i am 32 now) When I was prego with my 2nd son, i spoke with my Dr about having my tubes tied during my c-sec.. he said no problem. I had to sign papers that were a consent for the state in which I live. I would only have been able to have had 1 more child & my chances of that baby carrying to full term were slim, as my ob-gyn will not peerform more than 3 c-secs on a woman, and I can not give birth the normal way.. (i would die) So, I had to consent to being "fixed" & Had my tubes tied at 28, but then again that was after having 2 kids, and also, my husband is older then me, and chances of birth defect (god forbid) became higher, we had too many risks with having a 3rd bab.. or shall I say 4th.. my husband has a daughter from his first marriage. I can say this.. There are times I kind of regret it, I woul've liked to have had another baby, and then reality kicks in that I may not have had a full-term healthy baby & I know I did the right thing.

I think a permanent fix for you you may regret down the line, but maybe not, only you know you. I do know that most states, as well as doctors will not perform the procedure on a young woman with no children.. Have you thought about the IUD?

I also want to say that I have been treated for my anxiety since i was 10, and currently suffer from MAJOR anxiety & depression. I can relate to Char when it comes to the depression getting worse after kids.. after my 2nd son i the had a very hard time, I find iit hard to go back to work these days... It is awful what anxiety does to me. But the selfish part of me did want children. I just knew I couldn't mentally & PHYSICALLy handlemore then what I had!

Last edited by MgateTina; 09/21/09 09:57 PM.