Looking back to before Merlin started getting old, a couple years ago I stopped doing anything but trying to help him feel better. I stopped going anywhere I didn't have to go. Generally, just being with him. He got to where he wasn't good riding in the car. I felt that he had given me so many wonderful years, that I owed him that much. And I loved him. I didn't resent anything I did for him. I realized at the time, that it could be said that this was not a good thing, but I don't see how i could have done it any differently! And I wouldn't have had it any other way! Still feel that way.

Today on here, several members have had losses and I cried my eyes out. I started to reply to each one, then decided not to reply to any of them. I really relate and feel their losses, but I just can't go there yet! I don't know if I'm supposed to cry with my cataract removal, but I did tonight.

Now that he is gone, I sort of feel reluctant to do things I couldn't do, like I would be tossing his memory to the side. I know that THIS is not right! So that is why I'm going to the grief counseling. I have an appt. already.

Before all that, I was able to just get a grip on myself, and surge forward!, if you can understand that. I've always been into self-control and being in control of myself and my life is very important to me.

Like any self-respecting aging flower child, new age person, whatever, I have learned a lot of things over the years to manage stress. Yoga and stretching work good for me. Also talking to myself, out loud. I hope going to the grief counseling will help me get back to a place where I can live my life without falling apart every time i hear a sad thing, reminding me of Merlin.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin