It is definitely good to wait for a while until you have savings and a house and money saved for the baby stuff not to mention health insurance to have children. It isn't that people aren't ready emotionally. Things can happen and when money problems enter the picture, stress can destroy any relationship. Believe it or not, making sure you both are on the same wave length when it comes to things like child rearing can be more important that some of the personal things between the two of you. When you have children, you will have all of the motherly instincts kick in and you will definitely want to know he is diciplining and treating your children the way you like. First things first though. It is good to wait for the most important reason, and that is that your friends and the announcement he made the other day has shown you one truth. That truth is that you can never take anything for granted but time makes your judgement a little more reliable. I was married at 18 after knowing my husband four months. If I had it to do over again, I would have waited and I would have listened to that voice in my head that didn't like the arguing and thought there was something wrong. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks except you. By the way, you describe the people who dropped him as friends and you refer to the girl that tried to stab you in the back as a friend. We used to refer to those kinds of friends as "fair weather" and "back stabbers" when I was dateing. In my opinion young love is hard enough without friends like that and your better off without them. I am sure that making an effort to find new friends in common will only cement the bond between you since guy's like to have friends as much as we do. It will probably fill a void left by his best friends.(so called)

Cookie and Sweetie