I think BLR had good ideas too. Maybe even throw in a movie at home after your daughter goes to bed. But I also think you should go out and find friends you actually like being around. Your daughter goes to school..is there any way you can meet some of the other moms?Do you go on fieldtrips with her class or help out at school at all? You need someone you can hang with and vent to about your butthead of a husband.I know I have no right to call him a butthead but I was being nice LOL And I bet you've called him much worse! Sometimes guys can be such idiots. They think you have it made staying home and raising the kid(s). Like you do nothing all day! Yeah right! And yeah..when do you get a day off? Like NEVER! 24/7
I know, I am also a stay at home mom and have been for a looong time now. But I am very fortunate to have 3 best friends to confide in and hang out with. I must admit though that my husband has always been a great dad-better once kids were out of diapers lol But I still don't think he gets what it's like doing the same thing day after day.Keeping the house in order, all the cooking, taking care of kid, worrying about said kid when she's sick, still doing it all when YOU are sick, making sure bills are paid and try to stay within your budget... And the fact that when his work day is over..it's over, but YOURS pretty much goes on til bedtime.
Not that I regret staying home with the kids. It's what we both wanted and I'm glad we chose that route.I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. But I do know how frustrating it is. My kids are old now and of course don't need a babysitter so I don't have to worry about that.
But your daughter is only 6 so you have a long way to go before the no babysitter age.Maybe you could get some names of good babysitters from some parents at school?
Or maybe you should just knock your husband up side the head and tell him if you don't get out of the house and have some adult time and adult conversation you are going to go totally INSANE!!!! It wouldn't kill him to "babysit"(I always hated that term when it is their own kid!) And it would be REALLY good for your daughter to have some one on one time with her dad. Kids need to feel loved by both parents and you need to get that through to him.
Sorry I'm babbling again. But hey, anytime you need to vent just PM me and you can [censored] all you want to. It really does help to vent once in a while smile