Definitely not too old!
And what's better is that you will probably "know" more quickly when you find the right guy. Although there are occasional stories of people marrying their high school sweetheart - it is much more common I think to struggle in your twenties with whomever you are dating - because both individuals are still in the process of figuring out who they are and where they want to go. By the time you are 30, alot of issues such as where you work and where you want to live, and what religion works for you - all have been settled - so you don't have to worry about growing apart which frequently occurs in the twenty-somehtings.
So in some ways, you have already cut through alot of the BS and can find somebody compatible from the get go.

Do you have any hobbies - skiing or hiking or do you like to read - if so join a ski club or book club, etc - All great ways to meet people while doing what you like. Incidentally sometimes you meet people - and they introduce you to others - and you get involved in whole new social circles. Sometimes just expanding your "crowd" can help alot and open new doors.

And even though I am not religious, since you mentioned it - are you active at your church? There must be many functions where you could meet others who already share your religion.

I think the hardest thing to do is to make a change in your routine - get out of whatever rut is preventing you from meeting new people. Do something different, take an art class, etc, etc. Be open minded yourself - do not rule out any guy just by his looks but give him a chance, just as you would want for yourself. If you want to find somebody then I think you will - but it may take a little initiative. Be adventurous - but stay true to your own instincts and don't settle for somebody you are not truly happy with - but just broaden your horizons a bit.

Incidentally - having a child - a whole other ball of wax. (and possibly a whole different thread here on the forum) ... but don't feel compelled to get a partner for the sole purpose of having a child. Luckily in this day and age if you really want a child, then you can do so on your own, and I have met many single moms who do just great (but it is alot of work!). If you find somebody who wants children too, that is great - but try to keep the two issues separate, if possible.