I definately agree with everyone here that 33 is not too old. You have the rest of your life ahead of you, which is hopefully 40+ years (heck, maybe youll live to 100!).
I guess to give you advice, I would like to let you know a little about what Im going through right now. Im 17, I have a 10 mo. old daughter, and my husband of 8 mo. is currently in jail. Sounds horrible, right? I percieve myself as very mature for my age, and when I found out I was pregnant, I was about to go away to college, 2 years early. I gave up my scholarship to have my baby and marry her father. I wanted it to work soooo bad!. He has abused me physically 4 times when drunk. He has also abused me emotionally almost every day. I was so happy when he would give me a kiss because he wanted to, not just because I kissed him or he wanted s**.
He abused me for the last time on Xmas eve and I called the police. This is why he is in jail. At first I was so angry that I said I was done, by day 2 or 3 I wished I hadnt called 911 and wanted to be with him. I talked to a woman who had been in the same situation and she gave me a serous reality check. That day I was at my lowest. I cried all day. By like 6pm, I realized that crying didnt help, and I went to look for a job. My husband was working 2 jobs so I could stay home with our daughter and go to college. Just talking to people made such a difference! I had been controlled for so long. I was always scared something I did would make him angry. I could do what I wanted! I made plans with a friend and we went out dancing last night! I even met this really nice guy there (I told him no romance thoguh, not yet). Overall, I really found myself again.
I digress. The point Im trying to make is that Im 17 and have gone through so much. I have a baby and tons of emotional baggage, I still don't know who I am. I am slightly overweight and my body has been essentially destroyed by stretch marks. But this guy was still interested in me, for me. Knowing all of this that I just told you all.
You have an advantage. You are 33, not old, not super young, but an advantage. You know who you are, you have a career, and as someone else said, you probably wont experience that growing apart that many young couples do. If I can find love again, which I am beginning to beleive, you surely can find someone great. You are a single independant woman who from what Ive seen of your posts is very outgoing and fun. Go out dancing, join a club like someone said. If you dont put yourself out there and approach people, you wont meet anyone. Just go out with the intention of having fun. Youll be surprised what you find.
I have been though serious relationship hell and it was all because I was determined to save the world, to save my husband. I am coming to realize you have to meet lots of people and get to know them in order to find love. If I can do it, you definately can. I really wish you luck! You seem like a great woman, and you deserve a great guy.

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!