It doesnt stop in your 40's, becouse someone always is in the mood to set the bar higher, and make you feel like a less than. But, if you allow yourself to feel like a less than becouse of your own personal issues then it works...however, if you dont allow it than it really doesnt have an effect on you~ What are you willing to allow?

Are you willing to accept what your father said? That its your responsiblilty to care for them as they age becouse your not married with children? I personally dont think this is your responsibility....and any parent wouldnt speak this to their child if they wanted pure happyness for them.

If you truly want to meet a mate, someone to spend your life with, you have to stop waiting for it just to happen...MOHO~
You need to look at how your placing yourself, and how your going to improve your current situation.

Steps you can take....and I know this takes some balls.
Get yourself calling cards, the old fashioned type with you name, Email and Number that you feel comfortable giving out, pass them to friends for blind dates and always have a few on you~ When you meet a guy in the coffee line, or perhaps at the market....make simple small talk and hand them a card and suggest a coffee if they are interested. The balls on their plate then, and if they are interested they will call you.

Men that are comfortable with themselves like women who challange them, and its nothing to be ashamed of...being smart. Nor is there anything wrong with being average looking, Im average....Heck 90 % of us are just normal looking without the airbrushing and sillyness that goes along with super models...there is nothing wrong with it. Unfortunatly, Many of us Women buy into the fact that we have to spend zillions on clothes, shoes and makeup to be desirable. This couldnt be further than the truth, I feel just as sexy in sweats and flip flops as I do in my very best little black dress that makes heads turn. Its really all about how you carry yourself and not trying to hard.

My heart goes out to you, feeling like there is a time line you must follow to please your parents, The only timeline is the one you set for yourself. I hope you find that wonderful man that makes your days feel warm and safe...and Im pleased to see that you just dont settle for anything becouse its something....thats no good and so many do. Hold out for what in your heart feels right, and it will all fall into place.

( Thinking of you, and sending a special prayer that you find that one soon)