one major thing that some ppl don't realize too is that MEDICAL CARE is a big thing too. if it wasn't for me and my hubby being in the military, (i was actually not in anymore when i got pregnant), we would not have even thought about having a kid at all. becuz it costs SOOO much to just HAVE a baby in the hospital these days. especially if you have to take an ambulance for some reason. just that alone here in cali is as low as $2000 just to take a ride to the hospital. more than that if u need fluids and/or meds along the way.

as for us tho... we were not even ready when i got pregnant. it was a surprise. but, we were 2gether 4 1/2 years and married 2 1/2 years of that before we had our daughter. she is now 6 yrs old and in the 1st grade. and let me tell ya. all the things being said b4 me here is all sooo true. all kids are sooooo different. so u never know what your child will turn out to be like.
unfortunately for our daughter her mom and dad are both stubborn and leaders. so she has it real bad. never wants to listen. wants to be in control all the time. and just drives us up the wall on a daily basis. well, at least 6 days out of 7. lol. she is very smart and bright. she can already read past the level of the kids in her class. so that is awesome. gets that from her momma. hehe. but geez, we wish that she would use common sense a bit more. lol. hopefully in the near future. we will help her work on it til then.

again, i do agree that there is a lot of very good advice here from all. there is a LOT to think about b4 actually having a child. i also totally agree that if u wait til u r financially ready, it may never happen. unless u r already rich, u r ready yo go. lol.

good luck to u with what u decide to do. i feel that u will make good parents since u r looking into this type of stuff b4 actually making a decision.

Last edited by SweetNess1; 01/02/09 04:32 AM.

Bella