Originally Posted By: Niki
I'm wondering. Is it a good reason to start having kids because of dying/aging relatives?

OK. Sadly I can offer advice here as I have gone through this kinda...
I was 38 weeks pregnant with my first and surprise baby (we were using protection) when my father suddenly had a stroke... I got induced to make sure, if the worst was to happen I wouldn't have to try and give birth with that extra stress (bad enough that he was seriously ill)
So, to rush to the end because it was so insane, my father died two weeks after I had my daughter and his funeral was two weeks after that (my family met my daughter at my father's wake!)

To lose someone so close to me (my father and I spoke everyday!) AND to gain someone so close to me (of course!) was... well... I have no words.

My daughter is amazing, she slept through from day one, she eats whatever I give her, she barely crys and is the most beautiful thing ever... but... I miss my popsy everyday... *pause*

*breathe*

*calm*

OK.... I am back...

*breathes out slowly*

I always wanted children, Willow was a huge shock.
It is so hard to be a mommy.
It is so hard when your father dies.
so hard to have both happen at the same time.

BUT

I am so happy! (tired but happy)

You will have a baby when you feel ready... you will know when you are.
It is also not about money (useful though)

Me and my man were just starting a major course at uni (degrees in photography) when I found out I was pregnant, my man went on to complete less than a year (too stressful with him out all day and me losing my mind at home - I also had post-natal depression - fun!) so we were not rolling in cash!
It has been hard to get all the things a child needs but with the internet comes other people with their advice about what you REALLY need!

All I will say is it is great to plan things, sensible even, but sometimes life gets in the way and things feel right and feel right NOW.

You can never really be ready for a baby, you will be shocked even if you are trying for one every day. If you and hubby want children then just do it... there never is a "right time"

I think Willow was given to me because I was to lose my beloved father.... She got me through it. Without her I don't think I would have coped... I have to continue on because she needs me... Now, 15 months on I realise I need her. xx

Do what you feel is right, deep down you know if it is time.

(WOW I rambled on!! LOL!! Did I contradict myself enough times!? Did I even help?! smile LOL!!)