It all depends on the people & the circumstances.

I know a social worker, who had to remove a child from her mother, because the mother was a single-parent drug-addict, with no support, and no food for the child.

I know a woman, who said that it wasn't right to have a child, until you had a house kitted out with all mod cons, including a dishwasher. She had her children before her dishwasher!

I know a woman, who claims to dislike children, but who has two of her own & is a child-minder!

I know women, whose husbands became very ill and had to work, and look after their children & spouses.

I know men, whose children are the centre of their lives, but who didn't even realise that they wanted children, until their wives became 'broody' and they came along.

I know women, who became broody, only after miscarrying a child that wasn't even planned in the first place.

I have ulcerative colitis. It flared up for the first time, after I had my second son. Because it wasn't diagnosed, I became very, very ill and thought that I would never be able to have the daughter I wanted. But she came along, anyway, and the pregnancy actually helped my illness.

I think that ~ officially ~ RCs believe that sex is a sin and the only reason for it is to conceive. That's why you only marry for babies, you never use contraceptives, and sex before marriage is sinful.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.