Hi,

Just so that we can get a better idea of the background to this relationship, I'm posting some quotes from your other threads.

Hope that's ok. smile

Originally Posted By: Dagny
I am in a newish relationship, and its my first serious relationship. I've only known him for a few months, yet he wants to marry me...

is it too soon to consider this? Its not like we are getting married tomorrow, but if it happens it will probably be at least a few years, but...I'm worried the relationship is being rushed and I am investing emotions in a relationship that is going too fast.

A lot of our relationship is fast and sometimes we try to slow things down.

We are in our early 20's too (in college) so in reality we won't be marrying for a few years.

I'm not having doubts exactly, I love him and I love his personality. I know he treats everyone kindly and if we got married I don't worry that he would be a terrible husband.

I just started wondering if there was a normal time when you should consider engagement and if we are going too fast.

I think I'm in the stage of a more mature love, I worry where he is...if he is thinking realistically like me or still just infatuated

I worry if he loves the real me or the me that he thinks I am (and I might not be).

do I deserve an incredibly awesome husband or not?

I was wondering if there are any suggestions for better conversations? I'm rather...shy so I tend to be extremely passive

I sometimes get uncomfortable because when he wants to be affectionate and say things like he loves me or I'm the greatest I don't know how to respond

I don't know what to say at times

I'm in a very confusing relationship and I thought that books and learning will help but I'm not sure it will

I am in love with him and I do feel it, I guess I just have trouble expressing it.

My parents are not open with their feelings, they never hug me or tell me how they feel, or each other for that matter. But he comes from a totally different background with a close family who constantly remind each other and express how they feel

my parents look at this and think he's too mushy

the constant expressing of love and affection was the newest thing for me and I still haven't figured out how to respond

We do have some good conversations involving our interests, but sometimes theres just some what seems quiet time.

I do tell him I love him and he knows it...its just that he is...more "mushy" than me somedays and wants to express his affection and I usually don't know how to respond...

He's like always calling me, probably talking to me for more than 6 hours a day somedays.

I feel I need some space, to do things I enjoy and also doing things like eating lunch and dinner

how can I tell him nicely that I need some space but don't totally stop talking to me?

Also its somewhat...exhausting talking to someone all day long. I think this is part of my problem of running out of things to talk about

Is marriage like this? I mean I realize if I married this guy it would not be a phone call but an all day phone call (living together)

I just feel like we're together too often and then I worry because I think that means our relationship or marriage might turn out bad if I feel like I need space.

I really have to think up things to talk about and sometimes get a little bored...

I love spending time with him, like going to lunch together and talking over lunch or a meal or wherever, but thats not always possible and if he calls before I can make myself lunch I tend to not eat until dinner. Then sometimes I get phone calls during dinner...lol

Is it a bad thing that he's in the early love stage? Will it wear off or something...

also it might just be him...like he's talkative just like I am more passive

I don't think I know him that well enough to say

they haven't plain come out and told me they don't like me or shown any disrespect but I get the feeling that [Partner's Parents] really don't think I'm the person they'd pick to date their son.

I always figured I was a great person, I don't do anything illegal and I am very nice, friendly and respectful
Thanks

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...4218#Post274218

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...0389#Post290389

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...2862#Post292862

Last edited by PDM; 06/10/08 07:54 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.