Time will tell. Lots of time. Perhaps he is taking the relationship for granted. You could try a little experiment. Try sitting down with him and telling him that you want to discuss your relationship. Explain how you feel and tell him that the way you both are communicating is hurting you and your feeling about the relationship. Tell him how you expect to be talked to. Tell him how you want to talk to him. Don't accuse but explain that you want the relationship to work and you see this as the only way it will. Then sit back and listen. If he is defensive and argumentative and is all about him and his feelings and does not want to meet you halfway then you have your answer. Don't let it escalate into a fight. Tell him to take his time and think about it before he comments if he wants to, because it is very important to you. State your feelings simply and then listen very very carefully to what he says. I am not trying to tell you what to do. I am not going to even suggest what you do if he is unwilling to come half way. I will simply remind you that marriage is a partnership of give and take and co-operation. Without it you have a dictatorship. That is a relationship where you are powerless.

Cookie and Sweetie