Jo- thats a good idea, I guess I really don't know how to communicate to him how I feel. I also think he does get defensive when we argue (I do as well) and perhaps taking a non accusing approach might make both of us feel more comfortable?
He does know how I sometimes feel about what he says. I even told my mom about our argument and asked her if she thought he loved me, she says he does. But she thinks he just says things without thinking, and he probably doesn't mean them or even think about their impact before he says them. I know several other examples of things he has said or mentioned to others when he probably should not have said that...so I know its probably not just meanness towards me
Eliz- I really don't think my bf would ever alienate me from my family, he is a big family guy and really loves my mother. I know his dream marriage would be one in which he and his wife's family could be close and do things together ect. Plus I am in college and when I get a job I will have money for things I also want/need. Plus I know he isn't stingy with money like that...if anyone is stingy and likely to deal without money like that it's me...o.O yeah I'm probably not the perfect gf either...