Originally Posted By: birdygirly016
.... he will call my house.

Your parents cannot be happy about this ~ wouldn't they agree to change the number?
Quote:
he calls with a private number, it's sort of his trademark, so everyone in my house knows it's him) and my father has told him to stop calling.

Why do the calls get answered?
Why not ignore them completely?
Quote:
The overall situation is resolved (physically I guess). We are no longer together and I try to not talk to him.

Why do you talk to him at all, if you know who it is when he rings?
Does he have some kind of hold on you?
Does he know / think that he has a hold on you?
Quote:
In Spain I realized that even though I had escaped from the place of origin, the pain still followed me. I had run across the ocean

So, are you both Spanish?
Is he in the USA too?
Do you mind me asking how old you both were, when you were together and how long you have been apart?
Quote:
My family can't afford for me to have counseling, and they wouldn't understand my need for it either.

A lot of people don't understand the need for counselling, and I have to admit that not all counsellors do a good job.
Quote:
My parents HATED him, and always tried to break us up. It usually ended in me sneaking around and lying to them. They knew I was still with him, but they didn't understand why.

This is not that unusual. A lot of girls seem to be drawn in by the wrong type ~ against their parents' wishes and judgement.
Quote:
There is a lot about that relationship they don't know because it would hurt them to know. They would feel like they didn't protect me when they should have

Hhmm...
They couldn't protect you if they didn't know.
I'm not convinced that this is a good reason not to share your worries with the people who love you most.
Quote:
to my parents, I should be over this. To EVERYONE I should be over this..and I'm not.

Who is everyone?
I see no reason why you should be 'over this'. It obviously had a huge emotional effect on you.
And your parents don't know the full story, do they?
Quote:
I may try the letter writing.

Good, that could help.
Try punching some cushions too ~ but don't hurt yourself! smile
Quote:
He stalked me for a long time after we broke up, until he moved away. And he still hacks onto my e-mails and other things. He sees personal things that he shouldn't, then he calls to brag.
Have you tried telling the police?
How does he get into your e-mails?
Can't you make them safer?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.