A good counselor should be able to talk to the both of you and help you determine where you'd like your relationship to go. If he/she sees that the relationship isn't going to work he/she should be able to counsel you both in the direction of separation/divorce. He/she should be of assistance to you both individually and as a couple.

What about calling it marriage counseling instead of divorce counseling. smile Maybe they'll cover it then??

One of the things my husband and I found out how to successfully do through our counseling was talking to the other person when they were doing something that was bothering us. As the other person receiving the "talking to" we learned how to control our frustrating with being told we were doing something that annoyed/bothered the other person. This was something we had never really learned to do throughout our entire relationship - except for maybe the first 2 months we were dating... which was about 11.5 years ago.

In short, I hope the counseling helps you. I know going to the individual and couples counseling has really helped both me and my husband.

On your side note - I think it's great that you're still going to go to Israel. When I lost my job, my husband and I considered cancelling our trip to Europe because money was tight, but ultimately we decided that getting away and doing something we both had planned on doing for such a long time (since before we gradutated from college - and it'd been 5 years since we graduated from colleg) was a great idea and that we'd make the sacrifice of dipping into our savings.

Good luck with everything!!