I, also, think you did the right thing.

As for it being better had you told her earlier, all of us have probably looked back and in hindsight observed that we "should" have done something, or "shouldn't" have. Science fiction aside, can't be done.

But you learn and go on. And there could be benefits that you'll see later that would not have been evident then (or even now).

Love has a way of feeling both awful and wonderful in the "courtship" stages. Bet you feel more alive, though!

Another thing. Romance novels abound with forks in the road of love because of not communicating or of miscommunicating.

No matter what your age, I believe you are seeing that it is better to be honest and open in sharing your feelings with someone you are wanting to know better.

Nobody would open up all aspects of themselves with another immediately, but you can be honest in what you do share, and look for a return from the other person. That type of relationship tends to be more real, I think, than one where both may have a false or wishful view of the other.

Good luck, from me, as well. I'd say that it may not be as over as you are feeling right now.

Marge is the love of my life.