I think that the only kind of help for SI, at least where I am, is counseling. And unfortunatley, the last time I was in counseling, when my therapist found out that I SIed, she wanted to put me in some kind of mental hospital for suicidial behavior. She compeltely misunderstood my behavior for suidial behavior. Since, I have never gone back to therapy.

It would most liekly be helpful, but I can't get over the fear that the one person I am supposed to be able to talk to freely will judge as soon as they hear that I SI.

I definately think I am a lot better than when I was younger, because the occurrances now are rare, and when it does happen it is less severe. I know that might sound odd, but really it is. The cuts are much smaller, not at all deep, and usually I don't use anything to cut, but I will just scratch at myself with my fingernail. I have definately improved, but I feel like this is just a part of how I deal with things. There is also a forum for SI, and frankly, when I looked at some of the posts, especially those about how and why people SI, i made me feel a lot more normal because some of the things there people were saying seemed way off for me.

I hope that one day I will have a better way to deal with stress, or hopefully less stress to deal with.

I don't usually advertise this about myself, but I just wanted Raven to know that she's not alone in having these feelings.

~ Maggie
Mama to Juliana Elise (03/07), Wesley Dominick (06/10) and four feathered 'tielbabies!