Originally Posted By: MW1
I just started a new job about 6 weeks ago, before that I had been let go from my previous job in March of 2009, struggled to find a new job and ended up with a temp job that was supposed to turn perm after 6 months... the 6 months came and went, and then I found my current job.

My husband has been miserable with his job for over a year and a half now - really down in the dumps, not interested in doing anything which includes working out, meeting people, having fun, etc. I have tried to encourage him to get out and do things, find a new job, etc. but none of that has worked. I told him i thought he was depressed, because I know what it feels like and looks like to be depressed (I've been there and seeked counseling that really helped me out) - but he told me he didn't need that.

Needless to say, things have been rough for us over the past year or two. I turned to drinking when I lost my job and almost lost control - trying to get a hold of that now - but still run into problems when things get too hard for me to control - like now. My new job requires me to travel around the world. I had my first trip 2 weeks ago - I was gone for 15 days... and I loved it. and I can't wait to get back out on the road. This bothers him, along with the fact that I said my job might take me places around the world if any advancement opportunities arise in the future. I told him I was considering it as a possibility down the road. Again - he didnt like that.

Ugh - I don't know where to even start. I don't think I'm in love with him anymore. We've been together 11 years and I'm only 28. I don't know if I made the right decision. I don't feel like we're on the same page anymore and we've tried talking about things, but I have a feeling it's too late. I've been the hold up with kids and with me wanting to travel and maybe move out of the country for work that just puts things farther back - kids wise. I need some input - I will provide additional details if questions are asked.

Last edited by PDM; 03/10/10 01:50 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.