Thank you for the advice - I will try making a list and weighing in on that information.

I do invite any additional suggestions or just experience from people as I have not been through this before (obviously) - heck... I've never even been through a break-up with a boyfriend before - although this is more serious (again, another obviously).

My husband and I are talking about a trial separation, but he has no where to go because he won't tell his parents what is going on - even though I'm sure they've figured out that something is wrong in our household. Also when my husband suggested it (after I suggested we might want to consider it) - he said let's do it for this weekend (my entire family is coming into town for my younger sister's bridal shower that I'm hosting at my mom's house and the men usually get together and grab a couple of beers while the shower is going on - to which I can understand his discomfort and lack of desire to see my family - I'm sure I would feel the same way - that was a side-track). To me that's not a trial, that's someone going out of town for a small trip. I have asked him to take the dog if we do end up doing a trial separation - the dog is his, regardless of whether or not we got him when we were together.