MW1 this is absolutely NOT confusing. I know exactly you are coming from. I have said before that I spent the first 18 years of my life trying to please my parents, the second 19 years trying to please my spouse and my parents.

I had done this for so long that the real me was so lost I had quite a hard time finding myself. BUT once I did, you cannot believe how much I enjoyed be me and I have continued to enjoy being me.

I also want to tell you something else. I used to go around picking up every piece of GUILT that was laying around for the taking. I finally got to the point that I would look very closely at the guilt to determine if it was mine or not before I picked it up and put it in my guilt basket. Then I got to the point that I could actually take pieces of guilt and thow them back on the floor.

I still fight the inclination to pick up any piece of guilt laying around but I am so much better at just walking by and not picking it up.

SO, please stop and think if the guilt is yours before you put it in your guilt basket.